These Are The Advanced Storage Unit Leasing Rules:
1. The tenancy herein created shall be on a month to month basis. Both the lessor (Advanced Storage Solutions, LLC) and the lessee (tenant) may terminate the tenancy at any time on a 10 day written notice. The MINIMUM rental period is One Month.
2. The rent specified above shall be paid monthly in advance on the first day of the month to the address listed above. 1st month’s rent may be pro-rated. NO STATEMENTS WILL BE SENT OUT. In the event the rent remains unpaid 5 days after the due date, the tenant will be denied access to the unit(s) until the rent is brought current. Amount owed will include a 20% late fee of the past due rent added to the tenant’s account. A $25.00 fee will be charged for any returned or dishonored checks.
3. In event of failure to pay rent for thirty (30) days when due, the tenancy shall terminate and the lessor shall be entitled to immediate possession and may exercise any remedies available to him by the laws of the State of Montana including sale of the property to satisfy the debt. TENANT SPECIFICALLY GRANTS TO LESSOR A LIEN ON THE STORED PROPERTY FOR THE PAYMENT OF ANY RENT DUE.
4. Space is rented for storage purposed only. Any activity such as automobile or truck repairing, painting, carpentry, or carrying on a business of any kind is prohibited on the premises. Tenant will not use lessor’s property for the purpose of selling tenant’s possessions or any other sales activity. The only exception being: Yard Sales will be allowed on the first Saturday of the month from 7 AM to 2 PM from May through September ONLY. Lessor must be informed of upcoming yard sale and the gate will be opened for the time period of the sale. HUMAN OR ANIMAL OCCUPANCY IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
5. No signs shall be posted by the tenant. Nothing is to be nailed or fastened to the walls.
6. Lessor will furnish no utilities. Storage unit(s) will not be heated or cooled. No electrical outlets will be available for any purpose.
7. No material shall be stored which shall be a hazard to the building or other tenants. This prohibition shall specifically prohibit the storage of combustible materials, explosives and other materials which would endanger the building or other property. Further prohibited is the storage of stolen or illegal items. Trash shall not be kept in or around the unit(s). It is also suggested that food items not be stored to deter unwanted pests. All batteries must be disconnected at time of storage.
8. The lessor shall not be liable for any personal injury to the tenant or for any damage to the property of the tenant irrespective of how such injury or damage may be caused including but not limited to damage from action of the elements (weather) or acts of negligence of the lessor or occupants of adjacent units or properties.
9. Each party hereby releases the other from any cause of action for risk which may be covered by fire or extended coverage policies of either the lessor or the tenant. It is the purpose of this provision to eliminate the subrogation rights of respective insurance carriers of the tenant and the lessor,
10. Risk of loss of property stored is on the tenant regardless of the cause of loss. Lessor does not have any insurance coverage for the tenant’s property and the tenant shall provide whatever coverage the tenant desires for his own property.
11. Lessor reserves the right to enter the storage unit(s) in the event of an emergency or for the purpose for inspection to see that the terms and conditions of this rental agreement are being complied with. Lessee will open their assigned storage units upon the request of the lessor at any time.
12. Lessor agrees to perform snow removal from the main drive areas; however, tenant may be required to remove snow from immediately in front of unit(s) in order to access unit(s).
13. No tenant shall use their unit(s) in a manner that would disturb or annoy other tenants or persons on adjacent properties.
14. If legal action shall be brought by the lessor to recover possession of the storage unit(s) or any sums due under this agreement or for the breach of any covenant or condition contained in this agreement, tenant shall pay to the lessor all costs, expenses and reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by the lessor to the aforesaid action.
15. This agreement may not be transferred by the tenant without express written consent of the lessor and all parties involved.
16. Storage rental charges are subject to increase upon thirty (30) day advance written notice to the renter.
17. Tenant agrees to vacate unit(s) in the same condition as received, reasonable wear and tear excepted. Any damage due to misuse or negligence will be repaired at the tenant’s expense. Any clean up of floors, including but not limited to spillage of liquids, will be the responsibility of the tenant. If clean up is not performed within 5 days of vacating the unit(s), lessor may hire professional cleaners and use any means available under laws of the State of Montana to collect clean up expense from lessee.
18. There are no representations, warranties, or agreements by or between the parties which are not fully set forth herein and no representative of the lessor or the lessor’s agents is authorized to make any representations, warranties or agreements other than expressly set forth herein.
19. In the event the tenant changes residences or addresses from the addresses herein set forth, tenant shall give the lessor written notice of any such change within ten (10) days of any change specifying current address and telephone number.
20. Whenever possible, each provision of this agreement shall be interpreted in such a manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law, but, if any provision of this agreement shall be invalid or prohibited under such applicable law, such provision shall be ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition or invalidity, without invalidating the remainder of such provision or remaining provisions of this agreement. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Sate of Montana.
21. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE OF THIS LEASE.
22. This lease shall be binding upon personal representatives, successors, heirs, and assigns of the parties hereto.